Ik kan er dit jaar helaas niet bij zijn, want ik ben dan skûtsjeschipper op Vriendschap. Maar maak er met zijn allen weer een feestje van en ga zo bloot als je durft (“As bare as you dare”). Ik zal aan jullie denken.
Waar en wanneer
Datum: 7 juli 2018
Tijd: 13:00 verzamelen, 14:00 start
Locatie: Park Frankendael, Amsterdam, ingang Kamerlingh Onneslaan
En waarom ook alweer
- Red de planeet: Stop het gebruik van fossiel
- Kies de fiets: Minder auto’s in de stad, meer ruimte voor de fiets
- Kies je lichaam: En omdat het gewoon fijn is om je lekker te voelen in je (blote) lijf
Of met wat meer woorden:
The message of WNBR focuses on promoting cycling
- Save the planet! Shifting to a carfree lifestyle is one of the most powerful things a person can do to make a real difference in reducing negative environmental impacts on this planet.
“Our message to the world is one of simplification, human harmony and love. For a future to exist for tomorrows generations, we have to stop wasting the life blood energy of the Earth, stop fighting and killing in the name of consumerist wealth accumulation and learn to love and respect all life on this planet.” – Conrad Schmidt, founder of The Work Less Party and Artists for Peace and WNBR and organizer for WNBR Vancouver, BC
- It’s time to put a stop to the indecent exposure of people and the planet to cars and the pollution they create. We face automobile traffic with our naked bodies as the best way of defending our dignity and exposing the vulnerability faced by cyclists and pedestrians on our streets as well as the negative consequences we all face due to dependence on oil, and other forms of non-renewable energy.Breathe easier. “If you stand in a closed garage with a running car, you will die in a matter of minutes. Hundreds of thousands of cars in our cities create dirty, unhealthy air.” – Go By Bicycle
- Body image/self awareness. Cycling promotes body awareness, the fact that one can achieve a more healthy lifestyle from the exercise we achive by using self-powered transport
Self-sufficiency. Cycling makes us non-renewable energy sources, less dependent oil
- Think Globally, Act locally. Cycling promotes local cycling businesses and local cycling organizations.
- Less is more. WNBR strips the complexities from modern transport to a simplified message of cycling. For the vast majority of most peoples’ transport needs, cycles are the right vehicle for the right job. “You don’t need a wheelbarrow to carry a pea”.
- The unabashed vehicle of the revolution. By cycling naked we declare our confidence in the beauty and individuality of our bodies and the bicycles’s place as a catalyst for change in the future of sustainability, transport, community and recreation. “Unless we change direction, we are likely to end up where we are heading.”
Community-building. Bicycles create public space, enhance street life and build a sense of community
“If you see someone you know while riding, it’s easy to stop and say hello. Bicycles create public space, enhance street life and build a sense of community”– Go By Bicycle
- Peace of mind. “People are looking for places where they’re not constantly being confronted with cars. It’s just like non-smokers seeking smoke-free space.” – Franziska Eichstaedt-Bohlig, German Green Party